Continuing Education Credits through The Monroe Institute®
The Monroe Institute is pleased to offer Continuing Education (CE) credit for a number of courses. Depending on the requirements of your state licensing board, you may be able to receive Continuing Education credits for Counselors, Social Workers, or Massage Therapists. Read the following information carefully if you are planning to take courses at Monroe Institute for CE credit.
As each state and each profession have different requirements, it is your responsibility to know what courses are acceptable for your licensure before you sign up for a course. Be sure to complete the Continuing Education section of your application if you are requesting CE credit. Full descriptions for your information, and suitable for presenting to your licensing board if needed, are available in the appropriate link to the right of this page. Note: CE credit is given in numbers of hours, which are actual clock hours, sometimes called contact hours, through a licensing board. Please see the official licensing entity statements below.*
Choosing your class and registering: See the “Continuing Education Course Calendar” link to the right for dates for all courses which offer Continuing Education credits. Please verify below which courses offer credits in your profession. Not all courses listed in in our general calendar under Programs are available for CE credits in this section, so choose your courses carefully. The Gateway Voyage is a prerequisite course for: Heartline, Guidelines, and Lifeline. In order to register for any continuing education course, call the registrar at 434-361-1500 to reserve a place and to receive the application form for your course. Also, please advise her of any special needs or handicaps if you require special assistance.
The Monroe Institute is an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) through the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC). Depending on your state license requirements, you may apply these credits to your NCC, LPC, LMHC, LCPC and other counseling licenses or certifications. The following Continuing Education Hours (clock or contact hours) are offered for counselors for these courses:
- Gateway: 50 CE hours
- Heartline: 50 CE hours The Monroe Institute is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Gateway: 50 CE hours
- Heartline: 50 CE hours
- Gateway Voyage: An Introduction to Hemi-Sync: 48 CE Hours
- Heartline: 48 CE hours
- Guidelines: 48 CE hours
- Lifeline: 48 CE hours
- Make sure the specific class you are taking offers CE credits; not all classes of each course carry CE certification. See the calendar in the CE section of our website.
- Verify with your licensing board that the course you want to take will be accepted for CE credits.
- Fill out the CE section of your application form.
- Attend the entire course, including the Professionals CE module.
- Fill out and return an evaluation form at the end of the course.
- Verify that the Certificate you receive at the end of the course reflects the credits you wish to receive.
Through the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Depending on your state license requirements, you may apply these credits to your LCSW, LISW, and other social work licenses or certifications. Social workers participating in this course may receive the following number of clinical continuing education clock hours:
The Monroe Institute is an Approved Provider for the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. You may receive Continuing Education Credits for any course which is applicable to your profession if your state licensing board accepts NCBTMB approved courses. Credits are available for the following courses:
Nurses and other licenses
We are currently working to receive additional accreditation for nurses. Other professions may be added in the future.
* The Monroe Institute is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for programs that meet NBCC requirements. Programs for which NBCC approved clock hours will be awarded are listed on the right. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
* The Monroe Institute, provider #1224, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) http://www.aswb.org throu,gh the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The Monroe Institute maintains responsibility for the program.
* The Monroe Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider.
In order to receive your Continuing Education credits, you must:
Continuing Education Credit through Monroe Institute
Links you back to the main page and basic information about getting CE Hours and CEUs.
CE Hours for Counselors: Course Descriptions and Program Schedules
These course descriptions are written specifically for those seeking CE credits for counselors. They address course descriptions, course objectives, course fees, presenters, and other information required by NBCC to be included in publicity about CE credit courses. You may want to read both these course descriptions as well as those listed under the general Programs. Use these pages to present to your licensing board if needed. If your board accepts NBCC approved courses, then these courses will usually be accepted by your board.
CE Hours for Massage Therapists
The Monroe Institute is an approved provider for The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. If your licensing board accepts NCBTMB approved courses, then you use the courses listed above for CE credit.
CE Hours for Social Workers
The Monroe Institute has applied to be a provider for The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB). If your licensing board accepts ACE approved courses, then keep an eye on this website for more details about continuing education for Social Workers toward the end of 2010.
Why Monroe Offers CE Hours and CEUs
Leading professionals from the psychological, medical, educational and scientific communities have long been drawn to the work of Robert Monroe and the Monroe Institute. This interesting background information may be useful to you in your work.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Please be aware of these policies before you register.
When filling out the application form, be clear about whether you are taking the course for CE hours or CEUs, and for which profession.