Preparing our campus for reopening ... the next 56 days.
We are aiming to reopen our Virginia campus in August 2021, beginning with Roberts Mountain Retreat. To welcome you back safely and comfortably, we have prepared a detailed plan that prioritizes safety and continuity for our staff, trainers, and participants. The campus reopening timeline is 3 months and the remaining "essential upgrades" costs are estimated at $170,000.
Some of the upgrades include:
- Upgraded air filtration system
- Plexiglas dividers installed
main office, bookstore and food service areas
- New bedding: pillows and mattresses
- Sanitizing stations
- New furniture to support physical distancing and replace worn furniture
- Additional seating in dining areas
- No-Touch Digital Thermometers
Aiming to reopen August 2021
The financial impact of COVID-19
- Canceled residential retreats 17 months
- (March 2020 – August 2021)
- Residential program fees represent 79% revenue
- Monroe is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Aging facility in need of repair, (43 years old)
How you can help
We have created a special fund to help us to cover the remaining campus upgrades. With your generous donation we can begin offering residential retreats as quickly as possible.
2020 facility improvements completed to date
So far we have invested over $360,000 in facility improvements. As a nonprofit 501(c)(3), the program fees cover our daily costs with a modest amount left to put towards building maintenance and improvements but, not enough to keep up with the demands of an aging facility. We have additional upgrades that are still needed but, due to the loss of revenue in 2020, we have reduced the list to only those items that are a priority 10.
- Replaced roofs on all buildings
- Replaced rotting wood on tower
- New industrial grade heat pump
- 4 mini-split HVAC units
- David Frances auditorium renovation
- Installed French drain at Nancy Penn
- Replaced well windows
- 12,000 gal water tank