Part-Time or Consultant/$25-$30/hour for Part-Time Employee Status and $35-$40/hour for Contractor
The Monroe Institute is the world leader in human consciousness exploration. We conduct more than 250 programs annually around the world and 55 programs on the Virginia campus. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team and help us build our Human Resource Department.
Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves and crafting HR policies. You will ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Evaluate and administer compensation and benefit plans.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training and development initiatives.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Undertake tasks around performance management, including leading the development of an OKR system.
- Organize employee performance reviews.
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, and applying new perks and benefits.
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience (hospitality industry a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
- Bachelor’s degree
Ideally, this person will visit campus at least once a week or once every other week, with a certain number of regularly scheduled hours. We have the capacity for overnight stays at our facility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Monroe Institute embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better and more impactful our work will be! The Monroe Institute is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.