The world we live in is not only laden with unprecedented complexity, but is on a fast-moving, yet natural, course of change.Whatever changes may present themselves in the next few months, what seems most important to understand during these or any other times of uncertainty, is to develop our expanded human potential. Quite possibly that’s the reason why we’re living through these times … to learn new skills, to discover new ways of being and to evolve into higher versions of ourselves.
Napoleon Hill, author of “Think and Grow Rich,” wrote in “Outwitting the Devil” that “All adversity is simply nature’s way of breaking down old patterns,” and when things, systems and institutions break down, nature provides ways to break through. Our human creativity and ability to solve complex problems emerge in perfect response to the needs that arise. There are beneficial inner states of consciousness that can help make our lives elegantly uncomplicated, no matter how crazy it may get out there.
We can prepare for the shifts that inevitably will occur by preparing our states of awareness, or developing “consciousness preparedness.” Here are the consciousness skills I believe will help us grow as times change:
- Stay centered. Learn and practice ways to hold to the center of who you are, recognizing your essential wisdom, essential compassion and essential love for self and others. No matter which way the pendulum swings (and it’s always swinging!) hold center and know your place of centered calm; operate and make decisions from this place.
- Access your inner guidance system. Develop skills to increase and trust your intuition or sixth sense. We were all born with a magnificent guidance system, it communicates with us in many ways: sensations in the body, a nagging feeling, through dreams and inspirations and hunches, and synchronicities. Also, look at life from a broader overview, learn from OBE (out-of-body) and NDE (near-death experience) writings. In other words, go deeper and higher.
- Raise your energy and vibrations. Everything at its deepest, most observable level is patterns of energy. This is a vibrational universe, responsive and interactive on levels we may not even understand yet. It seems to be a magnetic- and attraction-based system, so what we send out, we attract back to us. Some ways to raise your energy: be grateful, focus on beauty, practice forgiveness, spend time with upbeat loving people or animals, wear colors that make you feel good, move your energy through dance, exercise, body therapies, do things that really bring you pleasure, give service to others.
- Project the reality you wish to experience. Use visualizations, affirmations, mantras. Learn metaphysical manifestation techniques, and use them. These help to create an energetic template for physical matter to form into. Use words, images, songs, and above all, feelings to assist in creating your reality.
- Move into trust. Adopt the mindset that no matter how things are going, everything we experience has purpose, and find the inner growth purpose within your current experience. Often ask yourself, “How can I grow or change something within my life as a result of this experience?” As we change, the world around us changes.
- Learn to love your life, express gratitude for each unfolding moment, and live with passion. This can really be a moment-to-moment yoga; at every turn, practice a new way of responding with love to any situation. It’s easy to say, “Love is the answer”—it’s doing and expressing loving-kindness and actions when you really don’t want to that put this skill into its true place of magic and power. Being and acting in loving ways empowers us to shift, to grow, to heal.
- Energy healing. There is a multitude of methods to explore, such as Reiki, Eden Energy Medicine, Chi Gong, Jo Rei, Therapeutic Touch, Quantum Touch, Matrix Energetics, The Reconnection work, Shamanic healing, etc. Every family might have someone who can do some type of energy healing. Learn to heal yourself.
- Transcendence or centering meditation. Practices such as Vipassana, TM, Zen, offer a new skill set for being in the world in a very different way. These practices can open doors to greater knowledge, wisdom, peace and clarity, and help us evolve in alignment with our heart’s desires and soul’s higher path.
- Psychic development through psychic enhancement classes or remote viewing training. It would be very beneficial in any circumstance in the future to be able to “see ahead” to some degree; to proceed in directions with a clearer map of choices, to find information that could help you flourish or even survive.
- Creative expression and imagination. Dancing, making music, writing, painting, designing systems, etc. It is a well-known fact that people who express themselves in some creative way access expanded states of consciousness, find safe and healthy stress relief, and open new channels for innovation and positive evolution. Everyone was born creative and imaginative, and it’s up to us to rekindle and honor that special gift each of us has.
- Feeling our way into knowing what is right or wrong for us. Discernment is a skill that fortunately gets better the more we do all of the other skills mentioned previously. It is different from judgment; it is again another form of guidance helping us maneuver through this complex, vibrational, ever-changing universe.
- Activating the energy body. Get familiar with the consciousness/energy system that is known as the human energy field, or aura. We really are more than our physical bodies, comprised of levels of multidimensional information that make up our whole self. The more we explore, activate and enhance our personal energy systems (including chakras, meridians, the lightbody) the better able we are to improve our health, expand our intelligence and shift into a more fluid and functional way of being in the world.
... with the interconnectedness we have created with technology, the extension of expanding consciousness and the energy of the love found in the human heart, we have an unprecedented opportunity ...Quite possibly at every point in time and history, human beings have stood and looked out ahead, wondering, what’s next? How do we prepare to stay alive, to stay contented, to be safe and watch our children grow? It must have looked as daunting and complex at any point as it does right now. But with the interconnectedness we have created with technology, the extension of expanding consciousness and the energy of the love found in the human heart, we have an unprecedented opportunity to create systems that work well. And we can flourish psychologically, emotionally, spiritually and culturally and evolve into our highest potential.