from TMI's Guidelines Program
Whatever you call your inner guidance (Higher Self, Inner Self Helper, Guidance, Universal Consciousness, etc.), it can provide an overview beyond physical perception, offering you direct access to whatever information is needed.
Keep all modes of perception open!
To open the lines of communication it is generally a good idea to go into free flow meditation exercises with a purpose (problem-solving, communications, patterning, etc.)—even if the purpose is as simple as experiencing the “feel” of various levels of consciousness. Remember that most experiences and/or communications in expanded states of consciousness are non-verbal and will be perceived in terms of images, symbols, colors, sensations, feelings, a knowing, or a flash of insight/understanding. Keep all modes of perception open!
- “ … less of?”
- In establishing communication, the first meaning or perception you receive is usually the right one. Go with that. Do not analyze where the information is coming from.
- Feelings are clearer than data. When the conscious mind jumps in and seeks to add its interpretation, go with what you feel.
- In evaluating any message, look to the quality of the energy, not the content. Anything with a strong emotional charge (plus or minus) needs to be looked at closely. Approach input from guidance with self-acceptance. Do not analyze.
- You get what you need to know, not necessarily what you want to know.
- and may receive the answer later while engaged in other activities.
- . Ask if you can trust this information.
- Give thanks for any help or information you have received.
Keeping a journal will help you understand the significance of any possible patterns in your experiences. Though others may have helpful ideas as to what you may have experienced, only you have the answers.