Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payments, Shipping, Returns and Cancellations
The Monroe Institute® (TMI) offers secure online transactions. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal.
Please be aware that some Visa and Master Card issuing banks impose a “Foreign Transaction Fee” on credit card transactions processed outside of the U.S. even if the transaction is denominated in U.S. Dollars. This “Foreign Transaction Fee” is an arbitrary fee imposed by the credit card issuing banks, which accrues solely to their benefit. TMI derives absolutely no benefit, monetary or otherwise, from the assessment of these fees.
Personal checks, cashier’s checks and money orders are accepted as long as it is received at least 30 days prior to the program start date. Please print our order form and mail to:
Note: If you live outside the U.S., your check must be drawn from a U.S. bank in (U.S. Dollars) only. A $25 US dollar returned check fee will be charged for each item returned from a bank.
Program Payment Arrangement
- To guarantee your space(s), a $500 USD deposit is required at time of booking. The deposit allows TMI to book your reservation and begin the registration process for your program.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to the program start date. If your final payment is not received by the 30-day deadline, you will be given a grace period of seven (7) days, during which time you will still be allowed to submit the final payment. Failure to submit the final payment within the seven (7) day grace period constitutes a forfeiture of your reservation in the program as well as the full amount of the initial deposit. In addition, you will need to reapply to attend another program in the future.
- You are responsible for discretionary travel cancellation insurance, airfare, and optional international mobile services, and travel tax expenses, none of which are covered by your payment to TMI. These recommended items are not available through TMI.
Program Cancellation/Transfer Policy
Due to advance planning requirements by program participants and TMI staff, it is necessary that we administer the following policy:
- Registrations may be cancelled within ONE business day from the time of phone or online registration with no penalty. Please call 434-361-1500 for assistance.
- If for any reason you are not accepted in a program, any payments you have submitted will be refunded in full.
- If you choose to transfer to another program, you may do so one time, with no fee, as long as the transfer is complete more than 14 days before the start of the program. If you transfer within 14 days of the program, a fee of $100 will apply.
- If you cancel your program 30 days or more before the start of the program, a $100 fee will apply. If you cancel between 29 – 10 days, we will issue a non-refundable credit voucher (less $100 change fee) that can be used towards another program of equal value, within one year of the issue date.
- If you cancel less than 10 days before a program starts, if you leave a program early for any reason, or if you do not show up, no refund or credit voucher will be given. (Special circumstances? Please contact our Program Director).
- If you do not attend a program you are registered for, all payments you submitted may not be refunded, unless you have prior approval from the Registration Coordinator.
TMI reserves the right to cancel a program 30 days in advance of the program date if there is not sufficient enrollment or for other major cause. If TMI cancels your program, you will be notified and given the option to transfer monies paid to another program or to receive a full refund of monies paid.
Product Return and Exchange Policy
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, and strive to provide expert guidance to help you choose the best possible products for your needs. Our products are guaranteed; if an item has not met your expectations, you can return it. If an item you have purchased turns out to be unsuitable for any reason, you can send it back. In any case, simply return the item within 30 days for refund or exchange.
Returns and Exchanges
Please call our Service Center or send us an e-mail at email@example.com, if you wish to return or cancel an order placed online.
Returning by Mail
- Within the U.S., returned items must be sent via insured, prepaid regular U.S. Mail. Ensuring your return allows you to track your parcel with the U.S. Postal Service. We cannot accept CODs or courier deliveries.
- Outside the U.S., returned items must be prepaid, by insured ground shipping. To avoid unnecessary delays, please write “Returning U.S. Goods” on the outside of the package.
Note: Do not return items by UPS or other carriers, since duty and / or brokerage fees may be charged, and your return will not be accepted by TMI. If you are requesting an exchange, please remember additional payment for the return postage may be charged.
How to Cancel an Order
Most orders ship within 24-72 hours. Please call us immediately if you should choose to cancel your order. We promise to make every effort to cancel your order before it ships. If we are unable to cancel an item before it ships, it will be subject to our standard return policy. We will confirm all cancellations submitted to us, whether successful or not, via e-mail or by phone.
- You are free to return almost any item within 30 days of receipt.
- You are responsible for round-trip shipping.
- All items must be returned in their original factory packaging and in "like new" condition.
- Items returned in other than "like new" condition may be subject to additional restocking fees.
- Returned items are subject to inspection prior to issuing credit.
- All returned items must be repackaged in the manner they were originally received.
- Items not returned in this condition may be subject to additional restocking fees.
- U.S. and international shipping costs are not refundable. Customers are responsible for all shipping cost on returned and exchanged items.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Access to This Website
You agree to use this website only for the lawful purposes described in more detail in the “Restrictions on Use” section below. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the website, render the website inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the website or the Content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Content, or to attempt to access any Content that is not intended for you. You agree not to use the website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties. To access this website or some of the resources it has to offer, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this website that all the information you provide on this website will be correct, current, and complete. If TMI believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, we have the right to refuse you access to this website or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time, without notice.
Restrictions on Use
The material and Content accessible from this website, and any other World Wide Web website owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by TMI is the proprietary information of TMI or the party that provided the Content to TMI, and TMI or the party that provided the Content to TMI retains all right, title, and interest in the Content. Accordingly, the Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of TMI, or unless authorized in writing elsewhere on our website, except that you may print out a copy of the Content solely for your personal use. You are prohibited from using any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the website without the express written permission of TMI.
This website and its Content are protected by U.S. and/or foreign copyright laws, and belong to TMI or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. The copyrights for the Content are owned by TMI or other copyright owners who have authorized their use on this website. You may download and reprint Content for non-commercial, non-public, personal use only. If you are browsing this website as an employee or member of any business or organization, you may download and reprint Content only for educational or other non-commercial purposes within your business or organization, except as otherwise permitted by TMI, for example, in certain password-restricted areas of the website. You may not manipulate or alter in any way images or other Content on the website.
You hereby grant to TMI the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display all content, remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information communicated to TMI through this website (together, hereinafter known as the “Submission”), and to incorporate any Submission in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. TMI will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential, and may use any Submission in its business (including without limitation, for products or advertising) without incurring any liability for royalties or any other consideration of any kind, and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in futureTMI operations. By making a Submission, you are guaranteeing to us that you have the legal right to post the content in the Submission and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity.
You understand that TMI cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this website for the reconstruction of any lost data. TMI does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
The company makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with respect to the website, the service or the content. TMI expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, with regard to the website, the service, the content, and any product or service furnished or to be furnished via the website. TMI does not warrant that the functions performed by the website or the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or that defects in the website or the service will be corrected. TMI does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content, or that any errors in the content will be corrected. The website, the service and the content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Limitation on Liability
TMI, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the collective liability of TMI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors, to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid to TMI for the applicable content, product or service out of which liability.
Information You Provide
You may not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this website any material that: you do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party; advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act; is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent; does not pertain directly to this website; threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive; seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity; violates any law or may be considered to violate any law; impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content; advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorized on this website; solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors; includes programs which contain viruses, worms and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications; disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via this website; includes MP3 format files; amounts to a ‘pyramid’ or similar scheme; disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of this website or any networks connected to this website; or contains hyper-links to other websites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above.
Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that neither TMI nor any third party that provides Content to TMI will assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by TMI or such third party with respect to any Submission.
Any passwords used for this website are for individual use only. You will be responsible for the security of your password (if any). TMI will be entitled to monitor your password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a password that TMI considers insecure, TMI will be entitled to require the password to be changed and/or terminate your account.
TMI reserves the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing TMI to disclose the identity of anyone posting any e-mail messages, or publishing or otherwise making available any materials that are believed to violate these
By accepting this agreement you waive and hold harmless TMI from any claims resulting from any action taken by TMI during or as a result of its investigations and/or from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either TMI or law enforcement authorities.
Claims of Copyright Infringement