We are open with care in this COVID-19 era, with a “new normal” on campus. We hold everyone’s health as our highest priority, and consider well-being a shared responsibility between our staff and our guests. We need everyone’s cooperation to create a healthy and enjoyable experience for all.
Highlights of our COVID-19 Protocols:
Our staff is available to welcome you from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the first day of your retreat, so please plan to arrive between those hours.
Wellness Check Questions
- Please arrive at the front entrance of Roberts Mountain Retreat or Nancy Penn Center (check your course location) and let us know you are here by calling the phone number posted on the front door. You may have a short wait in your vehicle while we attend to other guests.
- If you are using our shuttle service, our driver will meet you at the airport and administer a touchless temperature check to ensure it is below 100.4o You will be required to wear a mask during transport as per the CDC’s recommendation.
- We will greet you outside and usher you to the Wellness Check desk.
- We will administer a touchless temperature check on your arrival and ask you the Wellness Check ques If we are unable to check you in based on the results of the screening process, we will assist you in making alternative plans and we will be happy to transfer your tuition to another course or give you a full refund depending on your preferences.
- Once we have checked you in at the Wellness Check desk, we will take you to your room.
- Is your body temperature over 100.4oF?
- Are you experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the prior 14 days?
Note: We encourage you to perform the Wellness Check Questions before travelling to the Monroe Institute. Face Masks
We are following the CDC and Commonwealth of Virginia guidelines. As of now, we are not requiring a COVID-19 vaccination to attend our residential retreats, but please note, face masks are required if you are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Refer to CDC announcement on May 13, 2021.
By signing the Wellness Check, if you are not fully vaccinated
, you are also agreeing to the following:
- You agree to bring your facemask and wear it in all public spaces on campus.
- You agree to wear your mask when you enter and leave the dining area. You may remove your mask, of course, while you eat your meal or drink a beverage.
- You may remove your mask outdoors if you keep at least 6 feet away from anyone else not in your household. Remember to wear your mask on your way outdoors, and put it on again when you come back inside.
By signing the Wellness Check, if you are fully vaccinated
, you are not required to wear a mask as per the CDC Guideline. Physical Distancing and Stay Safe During Travel
- The meeting and dining areas will be set up according to CDC and Commonwealth of Virginia guidelines.
- You will be able to visit the bookstore and registration office during your stay. Plexiglass barriers are installed to separate staff from participants. There will be a limit of 4 participants permitted into the bookstore at one time. Participants will need to wait in the hall until allowed into the bookstore.
- We ask that you follow the best practices for safe and hygienic travel on your way to and from Monroe. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
- We will not pair guests in shared rooms. Shared rooms are only for those guests who choose to room together.
- Rooms are cleaned and sanitized after each occupancy.
- All bed linens, blankets and towels are washed after each occupancy.
- Disinfectant cleaner is available in each participant’s room for disinfecting surfaces.
- Disinfectant cleaner is available in each bathroom to disinfect surfaces. Our bathrooms are shared single occupancy.
- High touch areas in community settings are cleaned daily.
- All heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems are upgraded to safely clean and monitor the air in all buildings.
We will ask you to read and sign our COVID-19 waiver
as part of the program application process.
To honor the health and well-being of all participants and staff, we require that all policies stated above be followed as stated. If you are unwilling to follow these policies, you will be asked to leave.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
The Monroe Institute Team