We are opening with care in this COVID-19 era, with a “new normal” on campus. We hold everyone’s health as our highest priority, and consider well-being a shared responsibility between our staff and our guests. We need everyone’s cooperation to create a healthy and enjoyable experience for all.
Health and Safety Update ‑ September 19, 2021
Due to the rising number of positive COVID-19 cases in Virginia, where our campus is located, we are adapting our participant check-in protocols to ensure we are providing the safest environment for our participants and staff.
The change: Until further notice, all participants and trainers are required to take and pass a valid* COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test within 72 hours (3 days) of your arrival to Monroe. You must show your valid* negative test result (preferably printed paperwork) to Monroe’s staff at the Wellness Check desk upon arrival.
You’ll need to notify us by email, one week before the start of your program, confirming your plans to provide valid proof of a negative test result when you arrive.
If your results are positive for COVID-19 you will not be able to attend the retreat and we will transfer your registration to a future retreat or give you a full refund, whichever you'd prefer.
*All tests need to be administered by an official independent healthcare practitioner or pharmacy technician to be considered valid.
Highlights of our COVID-19 Protocols:
Our staff is available to welcome you from 12:00 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the first day of your retreat, so please plan to arrive between those hours.
If You Are Driving
If You Are Driving
Please arrive at the front entrance of Roberts Mountain Retreat or Nancy Penn Center (check your retreat location) and let us know you are here by calling the phone number posted on the front door. You may have a short wait in your vehicle while we attend to other guests.
Our driver will meet you at the airport. A
ll passengers will be required to wear a mask during transport as per the CDC 's recommendations and until we can check you in at the retreat center.
Wellness Check Questions
- We will greet you outside and usher you to the Wellness Check desk.
You will be asked to present your negative COVID-19 test results.
- We will administer administer a touch-less temperature check and ask you the Wellness Check questions.
- Once we have checked you in at the Wellness Check desk, we will show you to your room.
- If we are unable to check you in based on the results of the screening process, we will assist you in making alternative plans and we will be happy to transfer your tuition to another course or give you a full refund depending on your preference.
- Is your body temperature over 100.4° F?
- Are you experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the prior 14 days?
We encourage you to perform the Wellness Check Questions before travelling to the Monroe Institute.
We will ask you to read and sign our COVID-19 waiver as part of the program application process.
To honor the health and well-being of all participants and staff, we require that all policies stated above be followed as stated. If you are unwilling to follow these policies, you will be asked to leave.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
The Monroe Institute Team