Programs at The Monroe Institute® are many and varied to allow participants to pursue their own personal path of exploration.
At the Virginia campus programs are conducted at special lodging and conference facilities, the Nancy Penn Center and Roberts Mountain Retreat. Located in the pastoral foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains near Charlottesville, Virginia, these facilities provide comfortable accommodations that maximize the effectiveness of the process while offering a uniquely supportive environment for self-discovery and personal transformation.
Accredited Residential Program Trainers provide the knowledge and depth of experience to assist you on your journey.
What Programs Can Do For You
From several studies during and after our programs, it was found that participants experienced:
- Enhanced mental abilities
- Resolution of emotional conflicts
- Peak experiences
- Inner guidance or "Channeling"
- Experiences of consciousness outside of Time and Space
- Extreme psychological well-being
- Feelings of deep relaxation and inner calm
- More life satisfaction
5-Day/6-Night Residential Program Expectations
(in Virginia – very similar in off-campus programs)
When you arrive at the Charlottesville airport, a shuttle picks you up to bring you to the Institute, about 45 minutes away, in the rolling foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
On arrival at the center, a host will greet you and show you to your room. The hostess will show you the different technology aspects of your special bed chamber (CHEC unit) and give you a tour of the facility.
A trainer will give you a brief intake interview, to answer any questions you might have and talk about your expectations of the program.
After dinner the first program session will begin with an overview by the trainer(s) and introduction of participants. The first audio exercise will begin after a presentation by the trainer(s) of the content and purpose of the exercise, and a review of how the equipment works. Afterwards snacks are available. Our special sleep sounds are piped into the bed chambers for support in sleep, if you wish.
Program Days 1-5
A morning affirmation and wake-up music start the day, followed by an optional yoga class. After breakfast, the morning consists of several audio exercises, each presented by the trainer(s) and experiences are shared afterwards. Sharing in the group is optional.
During the long lunch break, there is time for a massage (for an additional fee), a walk to the lake or around the grounds, socializing or resting.
We encourage you to take this time to be in your own process, and not be spending much time on computers or cell phones, though internet access is available.
After the break and in the evenings there are more exercises and other activities related to the program content. Often guest speakers are invited to share with the group.
Participants leave before 12 noon, usually after breakfast. There are no exercises on this day.
At the main Virginia campus, we have approximately 55 programs a year, each beginning on Saturday afternoon and ending the following Friday after breakfast.
The Gateway Voyage® is the basic program and sets the foundation for the graduate programs.
Graduate programs can be focused on expansion to higher dimensions, healing, personal growth, psychic skills or other areas of interest.
The Out-of-Body Intensive, Exploration Essence and Exploring Energy Healing programs have no prerequisites, but do not allow access to the Graduate programs.
Some of these programs are also held internationally and in other parts of the US, with the same general schedule. Several three-day programs complete the schedule.
These programs are offered for individuals who aren’t able to attend a full 6-day program but still want to experience the benefits of the Institute. Programs typically start on Thursday or Friday evening and end on Monday morning.
Certified Outreach Trainers offer one or two-day programs in many areas around the world. These programs offer participants an intensive close to home, in a group setting and guided by a trained and experienced trainer. If you would like to find a workshop in your area click here.
How to Register for a Program
- Go to our Program Calendar page to view the schedule and availability. When you decide on a program you wish to attend, click the ADD TO CART button to pay your deposit online or call our office at 434-361-1500. After your payment is received we will send you a confirmation notice via email.
- After you pay a deposit, fill out our Online Program Application form and submit it for approval.
- To ensure your local transfers are in order, we need your travel plans no later than 30 days prior to the program start date. You can use our convenient online Travel Plans form. Plan to arrive approximately between 12 noon and 4 pm the day your program begins. Departure from the Institute should be before 12 noon on the final day of the program. If you need to arrive a day early (recommended for international travelers), you can stay at a motel/hotel in Charlottesville and we will arrange pick-up from your location.
- Any remaining balance on your program fees are due no later than 30 days prior to the program start date. Click here to view our program payment and cancellation terms.